Gods Among Us | A YouTube/Forum RolePlay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Belle Smith

Belle Smith

Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium) Empty
PostSubject: Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium)   Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 6:00 pm

Belle's love of books tended to spill out into other aspects of her life pretty frequently.  Like now, for example.  One of her teachers needed somebody to take several books to the library.  Of course, Belle eagerly volunteered.  She had been planning on checking out some books from there anyway.  While it might have been easier to just use her powers and have the books walk themselves to the library, she knew they could be fickle when trying to get them on the right shelves.  She had experienced it before at her family's bookshop.  So, she was soon walking through the hallways with an armful of books.  Unfortunately, they blocked her view, which made her end up colliding into someone in less than twenty seconds.  Books scattered everywhere.  "Ugh, sorry, sorry," Belle hastily apologized, frantically trying to get the books back together.  She hated when things got messy.
Back to top Go down
Palladium Green

Palladium Green

PostSubject: Re: Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium)   Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 7:02 pm

It wasn't often Palladium visted the City's college, not after he graduated from it some years ago, but something about today made him want to go. His students had been exceptionally well behaved today and he got another chapter done for his new book.
It made his mood considerably brighter than most days.

As he had wondered where to go, his feet naturally led him towards Gilmore Academy's library.
It was the place he spent most of his schoolyears, after all.

Palladium wandered around a little, his mind making him take the nostalgic route through the halls.
His thoughts were interupted suddenly as he walked into something. 

He was able to keep his footing, but he couldn't say the same of the female in front of him.
Books were scattered everywhere and she was apoligizing profusely.

Palladium smiled softly and crouched down to help her gather the books.

"My apologies as well. I didn't watch where I was going." 

As he put the books onto a neat stack, he noticed that it would be far too many for one person to carry around safely.

"Would you like a hand with these?" he offered, taking about half of the books in his arms, not even waiting for a response.

"Where to?"
Back to top Go down
Belle Smith

Belle Smith

PostSubject: Re: Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium)   Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 5:08 pm

Belle glanced up when the person she had bumped into apologized as well.  It was man, maybe a couple of years older than she was.  He was awfully polite, even offering to help her gather all the books.  Well, that's something you don't see every day, Belle thought to herself.  Polite people seemed to be kind of hard to come by these days.  "Thanks a lot," she said, smiling as she picked up the other half of the books.  "I was just taking these to the library.  It's not too far away," she said.
Back to top Go down
Palladium Green

Palladium Green

PostSubject: Re: Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium)   Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 6:13 pm

"What a coincidence, I was just heading there myself."
Palladium mused, watching her pick up the rest of the books.

"Are you a student here?" he thought out loud, studying her profile as they started walking.
Something about her looked familiar, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Had he seen her somewhere before? As far as he remembered this was the first time they met. 

His eyes fell on the blue ribbon in her hair and it hit him. He only knew of two people in the city who wore ribbons in their hair like that. Two of the three sisters from the local bookstore. 

He'd never actually talked to any of them personally, but the ribbons were a detail he'd duly noted when he was buying some books some time ago.
He highly doubted that she even recognized him as a customer, so he kept quiet about it.
Back to top Go down
Belle Smith

Belle Smith

PostSubject: Re: Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium)   Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 1:26 am

"So was I, actually," Belle said.  "I mean, besides the whole 'delivering these books' thing.  Was planning on checking out a couple before I headed out."  She tossed her head a little to get a strand of hair out of her eyes before she started walking.  "Yup.  Majoring in English, minoring in History.  Involves a lot of reading, but that's what I love to do."
Back to top Go down
Palladium Green

Palladium Green

PostSubject: Re: Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium)   Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 3:11 pm

Palladium softly chuckled as she tossed her hair back.
"That's admirable. I graduated here a few years ago, but I find the library here is one of the better ones in the city, so I come here to read sometimes." 

They rounded a corner, getting closer and closer towards the library.
Back to top Go down
Belle Smith

Belle Smith

PostSubject: Re: Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium)   Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 3:35 pm

Belle was excited to hear that this guy had graduated from Gilmore Academy.  "Oh, cool!  What did you major in?" she asked.  She wondered if maybe he could give her some tips on how to be successful here.  Sure, she was doing okay now, but she knew things would only get harder as the years went by.  Knowing what to expect might be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Palladium Green

Palladium Green

PostSubject: Re: Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium)   Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 11:02 am

"Let's see... English language and literature, Biology and Chemistry as majors and I minored in Physics and Science technologies." 

He turned his eyes towards the stack's top book cover, distracting himself from the embarrassement that deemed to sneak up on him at times like these. Some would question him how that is possible and some even claim he's lying. It was better to explain it to her.

"I'm a pretty quick learner. The theoretical side of things has always come naturally to me. I can't say that made me very popular though. Imagine a thirteen year old being able to graduate for his first major at the same time as a regular college student. Some became very... hostile." 

He sighed, averting his attention back to the road ahead, forcing a small smile on his face. 

"But that is the past. How many years until you graduate, miss...?" 
Back to top Go down
Belle Smith

Belle Smith

PostSubject: Re: Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium)   Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 6:32 pm

Belle blinked in surprise.  That was a hell of a lot of stuff to major in.  Was this guy a super genius or something?  Maybe that was his super power or something.  She wouldn't be surprised.  Some people in this city had pretty interesting powers.  She was kind of sad to hear that it made the guy a bit of a target for bullies, though.  Belle couldn't stand people like that.  "Well, I think it's very cool," she said, smiling.  "If I was a genius, I'd probably major in a lot of stuff too.  Of course, if I tried that now, I'd be in college for the next ten years or something."  She gave a little laugh as she shifted the books in her arms.  "Oh, Belle.  My name's Belle," she said.  "I'll graduate in the next two years, if everything goes as planned."  Some people seemed paranoid about the state of the city, and wondered how long it would stand with all the freaky powers people had.  But, Belle tried to be optimistic about it.  Surely, people wouldn't try to demolish the city, even if they had the power to do so, right?
Back to top Go down
Palladium Green

Palladium Green

PostSubject: Re: Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium)   Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 4:20 pm

He cocked his head to the side,  "Belle... That's a beautiful name. Oh! I never introduced myself, did I? My name's Palladium. Heh. And it seems we have arrived at our destination." 

Shifting the books to one arm, Palladium opened the door to the library. "Ladies first."
Back to top Go down
Belle Smith

Belle Smith

PostSubject: Re: Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium)   Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 3:40 am

Belle couldn't help but feel flattered at the compliment.  "Well, Palladium is a pretty cool name too," she said.  It was certainly unique.  She hadn't heard the name before.  They soon arrived at the library and Palladium held the door open for her.  "Such a gentleman you are," she said with a coy grin as she walked inside.
Back to top Go down
Palladium Green

Palladium Green

PostSubject: Re: Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium)   Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 7:42 am

Despite his efforts, a small blush crept on his cheeks. "Well, I try." he responded, hoping the heat in his face would disappear quickly. The grin she was giving him made it harder.
He followed her inside, quickly scanning the place around with his eyes before turning to Belle. 
"Now, where should we leave these?"
Back to top Go down
Belle Smith

Belle Smith

PostSubject: Re: Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium)   Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 2:53 pm

"Oh, um, there should be somebody at the front desk..."  Belle looked around for a moment before spotting it.  And luckily, somebody was there.  She quickly brought over her stack of books and explained who she was delivering them from and stuff.  "Just drop 'em off here.  They'll take care of the rest," she said.
Back to top Go down
Palladium Green

Palladium Green

PostSubject: Re: Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium)   Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 8:23 am

Palladium politely nodded at the staffmember and put the books were Belle instructed.
He turned around on one heel, giving the library a quick lookover before his eyes rested on Belle's face. 
He didn't feel much like reading anymore, and neither did he know what else he wanted to do.
Perhaps Belle could inspire him.

"So, what's next for you, Belle?"
Back to top Go down
Belle Smith

Belle Smith

PostSubject: Re: Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium)   Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 4:49 pm

"Well, I was gonna check out some books while I was here," Belle said, shrugging.  "Wanna browse with me?  This library has a pretty good selection."  True, most of the books here were the academic sort that people needed for research papers and projects and what-not.  But that didn't mean they were boring as tar.  Belle found most of them pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium)   Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can't See Where I'm Going (Tag: Palladium)
Page 1 of 1