Gods Among Us | A YouTube/Forum RolePlay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Megara Carter

Megara Carter

Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Empty
PostSubject: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 11:02 pm

Meg made her way to the seedy little bar near where she lived. It wasn't the drink that she was after. But more like to just escape the deafening silence that was her empty apartment. Sure she could hear her neighbours through the walls, but that just added to her anxiety.
The echoes were just like ghosts of something that was or could have been.
One might have asked why she then would choose to come to the bar if she still wanted to be alone. Well she liked the chatter. Just listening in to other people's conversations, and pretending to be part of them too. Listening to their problems and dreams took her mind off of hers even for just a moment.
Moving to the bar she ordered herself some food and drinks, non alcoholic of course, and moved to a table in the corner to wait for them.
Once delivered she ate in peace. Watching people in various states of drunkenness climb on the stage and sing their rendition of various songs. Some were good, some were bad and many were just awful.
Just now watching and trying to hold in laughter as she watched some poor, drunken bugger stumble on the stage and murdering a national classic. Cringing just slightly as they sung a note just a tad of key and a little too high. Thinking to herself that being drunk right now might actually make watching it a pleasurable experience.
Back to top Go down
Polly Smith

Polly Smith

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 12:24 am

Polly wasn't usually the type to hang out at seedy bars.  Most of the time, she was too busy to do something like that.  She had a family and a business to look after.  But, there were nights when Belle and Kayley practically shoved her out the door and told her to have some fun.  Although "fun" was kind of hard when you didn't have that many friends.  It wasn't that Polly was the unsociable type.  She just didn't have time to make or hang out with friends.  But, tonight, she figured she might as well obey Belle and Kayley's wishes and go out for a little bit.  Figuring that Jan's Bar and Grill would be a cheap place to go, she headed inside.  

Instantly, drunken thoughts flooded into her senses, and it took her a moment to shut them out.  Reading minds could be a real curse sometimes.  She headed over to the bar area, seeing that it wasn't terribly crowded.  At the moment, someone was singing at the karaoke station, although calling it "singing" might have been too generous a word.  A thought came to her head, that getting drunk might actually make this a bit more pleasurable to watch.  Polly turned her head.  The thought hadn't been hers.  It actually belonged to a woman nearby, who seemed to have almost every body part of hers covered except her face.  Belle and Kayley will probably be pleased if I actually talk to someone, she thought.  So, she walked up to the woman and said jokingly "And I thought American Idol auditions were bad."
Back to top Go down
Megara Carter

Megara Carter

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 11:21 am

Meg jumped a little when she suddenly realized she was being talked to. The fact that someone talked to her wasn't the issue. She often got approached by drunken men whom she would turn off as gently as she could. But the voice belonged to a woman and she almost never got approached by a woman in this bar.
Smiling slightly to the girl, liking the welcome change. "Yes, well I think that is because they do not allow alcohol on the set." She joked back. "Although that might actually be more tragic to the people who go there and think they can sing but really can't." She laughed a little. "Would you like to sit?" She asked the young woman.
Back to top Go down
Polly Smith

Polly Smith

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 6:34 pm

Polly had to laugh.  Maybe it'd make for an interesting season, to allow people to get drunk before auditioning.  It would definitely be hilarious.  And who couldn't use a little bit of humor every now and then?  She could see the woman's surprised thoughts, that a woman could make friendly conversation with her.  It seemed like drunken men were the only ones that talked to her.  Polly felt like that was kind of sad.  The woman seemed nice enough.  "Oh, sure.  Thanks," she said, taking a seat besides the woman.  "My sisters have been wanting me to go out for weeks.  Hopefully, this'll satisfy them a little bit."
Back to top Go down
Megara Carter

Megara Carter

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 10:37 pm

Meg laughed a little. "I am sure they are thinking the best for you." Her friends kept telling her to do the same. Well she was going out, maybe not the way they were hoping, but still.
"You want something to drink or to eat?" She asked politely, asking the waiter over. "How many sisters do you have?" She asked interested. She had always been wondering what it was like having sisters. All she ever had was an annoying older brother.
Back to top Go down
Polly Smith

Polly Smith

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 5:53 pm

"Some food sounds good, actually," Polly said.  "Know what this place has?"  No doubt it had the typical sort of bar fare: mozzarella sticks, nachos, wings, that sort of thing.  It was always the greasy type of food that made you feel good at the moment, but made you regret it when you stepped on the scale.  "Two.  They're both younger than me, so that kind of left me in charge," she replied.  "That kind of comes with the territory of being the oldest, you know?"
Back to top Go down
Megara Carter

Megara Carter

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 8:53 pm

Meg smiled. "I suggest the chicken." She offered a recommendation. "Sounds to me that your sisters were a little eager to get you out of the house. They want you to find a boyfriend?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Polly Smith

Polly Smith

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 11:21 pm

Chicken actually did sound pretty good right now.  And if there were big enough portions, Polly could save the leftovers for tomorrow.  That was always the case with bars and restaurants these days.  Their portions were so freaking huge that they were practically two meals in one.  A bartender soon arrived and Polly placed her order.  She glanced back at the woman when she asked if her sisters were trying to get her a boyfriend.  She laughed before answering with "I think they want me to find a social life.  Most of my time is spent working at our family's bookstore, so I guess they just wanted me to take a break for once."
Back to top Go down
Megara Carter

Megara Carter

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 6:51 pm

Meg laughed a little amused. "And you think you can find a social life here? In this bar?" She asked a little amused. "With all the drunkards and loners in here. Wouldn't you be more comfortable with people who like the same things as you? I'm not sure anyone in here even reads books."
Back to top Go down
Polly Smith

Polly Smith

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 6:11 pm

"Well, I'm talking to you, aren't I?" Polly asked with a grin.  "Besides, this place is cheap.  Didn't want to spend too much money."  Polly could be fickle with her money sometimes.  Sure, the bookstore was doing decently right now, but who knew?  Things could always change.  "So, enough about me.  Why'd you decide to come here?" she asked.  Sure, Polly probably could have read the woman's mind to find out why, but probing into people's heads like that was kind of rude.  Besides, if Polly found out everything by reading her mind, then what would there be left to talk about?
Back to top Go down
Megara Carter

Megara Carter

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 9:37 pm

Meg smiled just a bit. But then her smile faded as she was asked why she was here.
Her lips thinning into a tight line as she bit on her lower lip like she often did when she was prepared to lie. Well not lie exactly. Just wondering what to tell this girl really. 
The truth wasn't what she would be telling to a complete stranger really. But she didn't want to lie to her either. Neither did she want pity. "Just got tired of the old four walls that's all I suppose." She said shrugging a bit and hastily taking a sip of her cola. Avoiding looking the girl in the eye. "I don't think I ever asked your name by the way."
Back to top Go down
Polly Smith

Polly Smith

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 5:14 pm

Polly frowned.  A lot of things were going through this woman's mind at rapid speed.  It was almost like she had no idea how to answer the question.  Polly was curious about why she reacted that way.  The woman soon answered though, and Polly decided to just go with it.  Prying wouldn't exactly be polite right now.  "Oh, I'm Polly.  Polly Smith," she said, holding out her hand for the woman to shake.  "What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Megara Carter

Megara Carter

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 5:43 pm

Meg checked to see if her sleeve was covering her wrist. Just in case if she was showing any skin between her glove and sleeve. Feeling good that she didn't and took the girls hand, giving it a shake. "I'm Megara, but everyone calls me Meg." She replied with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Polly Smith

Polly Smith

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 1:21 am

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Meg," Polly said politely as she shook Meg's hand.  Sure, she seemed a bit mysterious, but she also looked pretty nice.  And she hadn't minded Polly just walking up and talking to her.  Some people weren't totally comfortable with random conversation like that.  At that moment, the bartender came by with her chicken.  Despite this place being kind of off-putting, the food looked decent.  "Want some?" Polly asked Meg.
Back to top Go down
Megara Carter

Megara Carter

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 11:49 am

Meg politely shook her head. "No thanks, I already ate." She replied. Feeling that perhaps she had come off as blunt with her short reply. Thinking perhaps she should explain herself more. "I sometimes come here and eat dinner. It gets lonely at home."
Back to top Go down
Polly Smith

Polly Smith

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 3:40 pm

Polly nodded in understanding.  She took an experimental bite of the chicken.  Even though it was a bit greasy, it was still pretty good.  "Hmm, not bad," she said.  "It's probably a million calories per bite, but hey, you gotta live a little, right?"  She gave a little laugh.
Back to top Go down
Megara Carter

Megara Carter

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 7:46 pm

Meg smiled a little to herself. "I never really have to watch what I eat. I don't gain that much weight no matter what I eat." Though perhaps that was more due to how many meals she had a day and their sizes. Smiling to the girl. "I don't think you have to worry about calories though. You are really fit and pretty."
Back to top Go down
Polly Smith

Polly Smith

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 9:07 pm

"So people tell me," Polly said with a smile.  She appreciated the compliment all the same, though.  She had always felt like she was a little plain compared to most women her age.  Of course, that might have been because she didn't worry about her appearance a whole lot.  Sure, she tried to look neat whenever she was working, but that was pretty much the only time she put effort into how she looked.
Back to top Go down
Megara Carter

Megara Carter

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 11:07 pm

Meg tilted her head a little. "You don't think so?" Leaning slightly forward to look the girl in the eyes better. "Have you ever had a boyfriend?" She asked a bit more interested.
Back to top Go down
Polly Smith

Polly Smith

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 12:50 am

Polly gave a little shrug.  "I dated one or two guys when I was in high school.  But they didn't last long.  It was over in a flash."  She ate a piece of chicken before continuing.  "Haven't really dated anyone since I started working and pretty much became in charge of things.  Not enough time, you know?"
Back to top Go down
Megara Carter

Megara Carter

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 10:53 am

Meg really didn't know how she could continue that. "Well don't hold it against all men. Boys in high school are way dumber than what they turn out to be once out of there." She giggled. "But I suppose not everyone has the need for a man in their life...." Perhaps that sounded a bit melancholic, but she didn't care. Stirring her drink with the straw.
Back to top Go down
Polly Smith

Polly Smith

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 6:44 pm

Maybe that was a bit melancholic to think, but Polly didn't think it was.  "That's what I've been thinking lately," she said.  "I mean, sure, finding a guy would be nice.  But it's not the end of the world if I don't.  Lots of single people do just fine by themselves."  She didn't need a guy right now, and if she never found one, then that was okay too.
Back to top Go down
Megara Carter

Megara Carter

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 12:41 am

Meg smiled. "I do hope so." She wished she had at least some of this girls bravery.
If it wasn't for this curse she would be looking for someone to share her life with. But she knew that she couldn't bare it if anymore of her loved ones died because of her.
Meg looked to the stage. "You wanna have a go up there? We could do a duet if you'd like."
Back to top Go down
Polly Smith

Polly Smith

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 3:30 am

Polly's fingers drummed against her knee.  Meg's mind seemed anxious, and a tiny bit envious.  She caught glimpses of something she called a "curse."  What could it be?  Did she have powers or something?  She knew that some people's powers weren't as tame as hers.  They could do serious damage, even kill people.  But the whole issue seemed surrounded by anxiety and fear, so Polly figured that bringing that up would only make Meg feel those things even more.  She gave a little smile when Meg suggested they should give karaoke a go.  "Sure.  Why not?" she replied.
Back to top Go down
Megara Carter

Megara Carter

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 9:50 am

Meg grinned widely. "You have a song in mind? I'll let you choose so I don't feel like I'm forcing you on stage." She giggled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)   Just a night at the bar (open to anyone) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a night at the bar (open to anyone)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next